Can headphones train you to focus better?

It’s all too easy for me to lose focus at work. One minute, I’m doing research for an article, the next I’m thinking about an episode of Black Mirror. I’ve tried most of the usual tricks to improve my attention: I used browser extensions to block Twitter, I chewed gum, and switched around my to-do lists. Tech companies feel my pain, and that of countless other Americans, and so entrepreneurs from Montreal have launched a new product with exciting promises: headphones that prevent you from being distracted and “rewire your brain” so you can concentrate.

The Kickstarter launched this week and has already exceeded its $100,000 funding goal, so the headphones are expected to ship to backers by the end of the year. They’re called Mindset,...

Continue reading…



via The Verge
Back To Top